The 1980’s were a terrific years for tennis. A lengthy decade that saw the face of the sporting activity modification. This short write-up will focus on my favorite 5 tennis players from the 1980’s. These aren’t ordered by who was best, simply by my favorites. I hope you appreciate it!
5. Bjorn Borg. The Swedish maestro who might be referred to as the best to ever play the game had his career lasted just a little bit longer.
4. Stefan Edberg. One of the last true serve as well as volley players who caught the world’s number one rank. I can’t think about a gamer that covered the internet as well as Edberg has, and also he was just one of the last of a type of real serve and volley tennis players that basically no longer exists.
3. Boris Becker. Ah, the jump offer. Becker popularized this approach of serving in the 1980’s, and also merely about everyone I knew tried to emulate it in their own method. Becker was a true warrior on the tennis court, and I’m a big follower of what he did for the sport.
2. Ivan Lendl. One of the most under-appreciated players in tennis history, in my mind. Lendl anchored the number one spot in the world for several years, a streak that often goes neglected. He was just a device.
1. John McEnroe. What can you state about Mac? His charisma, his hustle, and everything else that he did on the court is legendary. To see him as a commentator through his retirement is simply a delight.